Ménarik East Project
Figure 1. Location of the Ménarik East Property immediately east of the Lake Ménarik Property.
|Figure 2. Geological map of the Ménarik East Property showing the abundance of gold and polymetallic mineralizations in and around the ultramafic-mafic layered Menarik Complex. Geology modified from Rivard (1985), Goutier et al. (1998) and Pro-Or’s exploration programs.||Photo 1. Semi-massive arsenopyrite at Bontrio showing (best grab sample at this showing returned 57.6 g/t Au, 858 g/t Ag, 2.5% Zn and 22.4% Pb).|
- 64 claims (3,289 ha) 100% held by Harfang (33F06); no NSR;
- Easily accessible; 12 km east of the James Bay road and 7 km north of the Transtaiga road, 35 km southeast of the La Grande airport; 50 km southeast of Radisson; powerlines near mining claims;
- Property in the Archean La Grande Subprovince (Superior Province); mainly intermediate to felsic intrusive rocks (Duncan Suite and/or Langelier Complex) and ultramafic-mafic layered intrusion (Menarik Complex); minor volcano-sedimentary assemblage (Yasinski Group);
- Historical resources: 6.34 Mt @ 7.73 wt% Cr2O3, 398 ppb Pd and 105 ppb Pt; 1.06 Mt @ 0.38 wt% Ni and 0.15 wt% Cu (resources non-compliant to CIM standards as requested by the NI 43-101); excellent drilling database (with over 36,000 m);
- Abundant gold and polymetallic mineralizations (As, Cu, Zn, Pb, Ag) associated with sheared contacts between the Menarik Complex-related gabbroic dykes and tonalitic host-rock; mineralized zones commonly associated with silica and fuchsite alterations;
- Recent exploration work by Harfang returned gold-rich samples (up to 57.6 g/t Au);
- Interesting location of the property at the northeastern extremity of the regional Amisach Wat antiform and at the intersection of E-W and NW-SE lineaments; some of these lineaments are probably deep-seated and may have acted as permeable conduits which allowed upward migration of 1) ultramafic-mafic magmas (Menarik Complex and lamprophyres) and 2) hydrothermal fluids that mobilized gold and other metals from the crust and precipitated them into chemically favourable lithologies; ideal setting for structurally-controlled gold and polymetallic mineralizations.
upcoming exploration program
- Geological mapping (with prospecting, sampling and trenching) focussing on the metallogenic and structural contexts of the entire property.