Figure 1. Gold and copper-gold-silver showings on the Serpent Property. Background: Residual magnetic field from GDS survey (2019).
- 552 claims (28,565 ha) 100% owned by Harfang (33F02 and 33F03); no NSR;
- Accessible by ground and air transportation or by boat from lake Sakami;
- Property located 80 km southeast of Radisson and 60 km from the La Grande airport, adjacent to the Billy-Diamond paved road, 2 powerlines run through the property;
- The eastern limit of the property is next to the Sakami Gold Project (Quebec Precious Metals Corporation);
- Project located in an under-explored area outside known greenstone belts, near the contact between the La Grande and Opinaca subprovinces;
- Archean basement intruded by felsic to ultramafic magmas, minor discontinuous highly-deformed and metamorphosed volcano-sedimentary horizons (including the Apple Formation);
- Differentiated mafic intrusion and mafic to ultramafic dykes intruded into a major pluri-kilometric East-West deformation corridor;
- Discovery of more than 35 orogenic gold and intrusion-related Cu-Au-Ag mineralized occurrences:
- Gold-rich occurrences hosted in quartz veins (7.78 g/t Au over 6.15 m [channel, Moby-Dick], up to 186 g/t Au and 200 g/t Ag [grab, Lawr], 91.48 g/t Au over 0.45 m [channel, Langelier];
- 1 Cu-Au-Ag prospect [Mista] known over at least 350 m laterally, 0.99% Cu, 0.20 g/t Au and 7.7 g/t Ag over 11.7 m [channel]);
- Gold-in-till anomaly covering >8 km2: very high gold (up to 432) and scheelite grain counts, high ratios of pristine gold (proximal bedrock source). High gold values in heavy mineral concentrates (many above 30 g/t Au).
UPCOMING EXPLORATION PROGRAMS
- Winter 2021: Induced polarization survey and maiden drilling program (4,000 m planned);
- Summer 2021: Follow-up on prospecting, geological mapping and drilling depending on winter’s results.