Figure 1. Gold and copper-gold-silver showings on the Serpent Property. Background: Residual magnetic field from GDS survey (2019).
- 552 claims (28,565 ha) 100% owned by Harfang (33F02 and 33F03); no NSR;
- Accessible by ground and air transportation or by boat from lake Sakami;
- Property located 80 km southeast of Radisson and 60 km from the La Grande airport, adjacent to the James Bay paved road, 2 powerlines run through the property;
- The eastern limit of the property is next to the Sakami Gold Project (Quebec Precious Metals Corporation);
- Project located in an under-explored area outside known greenstone belts, near the contact between the La Grande and Opinaca subprovinces;
- Archean basement intruded by felsic to ultramafic magmas, minor discontinuous highly-deformed and metamorphosed volcano-sedimentary horizons (including the Apple Formation);
- Elongated mafic and ultramafic dykes intruded into a major pluri-kilometric East-West deformation corridor;
- Discovery of at least 15 orogenic gold and intrusion-related Cu-Au-Ag mineralized occurrences:
- 14 gold-rich occurrences hosted in quartz veins (up to 186 g/t Au and 200 g/t Ag [grab, Lawr], 79 g/t Au over 1.25 m [channel, Lawr], 91.48 g/t Au over 0.45 m [channel, Langelier];
- 1 Cu-Au-Ag prospect [Mista] known over at least 350 m laterally, up to 99% Cu, 0.20 g/t Au and 7.7 g/t Ag over 11.7 m [channel];
- Very high gold grain counts in till samples (up to 324 gold grains), gold-in-till anomaly covering 4 km2 in a yet unexplored part of the property.
upcoming exploration program
- Winter 2020: Induced polarization survey;
- Summer 2020: Prospecting, geological mapping, mechanical trenching, rock and till sampling.