Ménarik Est Project
Figure 1. Geological map of the lake Ménarik area showing the Ménarik Est Property. The outline of the Lac Ménarik Property, also held by Harfang, is shown. Inset: Location of the Ménarik Est Property near the junction between the James Bay and Transtaiga roads. Geology modified from Goutier et al. (1998).
|Figure 2. Geological map of the Ménarik Est Property showing the abundance of gold and polymetallic mineralizations in and around the ultramafic-mafic layered Ménarik Complex. Geology modified from Goutier et al. (1998). Geology modified from Rivard (1985), Goutier et al. (1998) and Pro-Or’s exploration programs.|
|Download in pdf|
- 68 claims (34.9 km2) 100%-held by Harfang (33F06); no NSR;
- Easily accessible; 12 km east of the James Bay Road and 7 km north of the Transtaiga Road, 35 km southeast of the La Grande airport; 50 km southeast of Radisson; powerlines near mining claims;
- Property in the La Grande Archean Subprovince (Superior Province); mainly intermediate to felsic intrusive rocks (Duncan Suite and/or Langelier Complex) and ultramafic-mafic layered intrusion (Ménarik Complex); minor volcano-sedimentary assemblage (Yasinski Group);
- Historical resources: 6.34 Mt @ 7.73 wt% Cr2O3, 398 ppb Pd and 105 ppb Pt; 1.06 Mt @ 0.38 wt% Ni and 0.15 wt% Cu (resources non-compliant to CIM standards as requested by the NI 43-101); excellent drilling database (with over 36,000 m);
- Abundant gold and polymetallic mineralizations (As, Cu, Zn, Pb, Ag) associated with sheared contacts between the Ménarik Complex-related gabbroic dykes and tonalite; mineralized zones commonly associated with silica and fuchsite alterations;
- Recent preliminary exploration work by Harfang returned gold-rich samples (up to 57.6 g/t);
- Location of property at the northeastern extremity of the regional Amisach Wat antiform and at the intersection of E-W and NW-SE lineaments; lineaments are probably deep-seated as testified by the ultramafic-mafic complex and lamprophyres and may have acted as permeable conduits that allowed fluids to circulate upwards and precipitate gold and other metals in favourable chemical lithologies; ideal setting for structurally-controlled gold and polymetallic mineralizations.
upcoming exploration program
- Geological mapping (with prospecting, sampling and trenching) focussed at evaluating the metallogenic and structural context of the entire property with respect to the role of each lithological entity in the geological history of this portion of the subprovince.