Lac Aulneau Project
- 132 claims (62.0 km2) 100%-held by Harfang (SNRC 24C15, 24C16 and 24F02); no NSR; property located 125 km south of Kuujjuaq and 265 km north of Schefferville; only accessible by aerial transportation;
- 6 prospects and showings inside the property limits: Marymac I, Island, Lepage, Float, Redcliff, Nine South; the Marymac II prospect is located some 300 m east of the property limits;
- Historical resources published in previous exploration reports for 4 of the mineralized sites: 1,088,000 Mt @ 2.02% Cu, 0.45% Ni, 1.0 g/t Pt and 3.1 g/t Pd for Lepage et Island zones combined, 1,068,000 Mt @ 2.09% Cu and 0.51% Ni for the Redcliff prospect and 133,000 Mt @ 2.10% Cu et 0.43% Ni for the Float prospect (resources not compliant to CIM standards as requested by the NI 43-101);
- Lithologies belonging to Paleoproterozoic units of the Labrador Through, in the central portion of the New-Québec Orogen;
- Cu-Ni-Pt-Pd mineralization hosted in glomeroporphyritic gabbroic (± pyroxenitic) sills emplaced in effusive and pyroclastic volcanic rocks of the Murdoch Formation; 2 main mineralization types: 1) magmatic mineralization with semi-massive to massive sulfides (rarely disseminated) in sills, 2) late hydrothermal mineralization most commonly on the edge of sills and in adjacent volcano-sedimentary rocks; type 2 is often anomalous in gold and silver;
- More than 150 drillholes done in the 1970’s and 1980’s defined the flatten ellipsoidal shape of sulfide lenses (length: 185-550 m; width: 95-205 m; thickness: 30 m maximum); the longest axis plunges moderately towards the northeast;
- 2 recent airborne magnetic and electromagnetic surveys: 1) 2003 AeroTEM survey covering all known Cu-Ni-Pt-Pd occurrences; 2) 2011 VTEM survey covering the Marymac I et II prospects as well as Float et Redcliff occurrences;
- Last exploration phase (brief prospecting, resampling of old drillcore) in the Marymac region by Golden Valley Mines in 2003; identification of intervals with high Pt-Pd grades (eg. 2.01 g/t Pt and 10.20 g/t Pd over 0.5 m) which had never been sampled;
- No follow-up done on electromagnetic anomalies detected in 2011.
UPCOMING EXPLORATION PROGRAM
- Conception of a digital database which will include all pertinent information (e.g. lake sediment and rock geochemistry, geology, geophysics, mineralized occurrences) from mining company and government reports;
- First field investigation by Harfang planned for Summer 2018 focused on evaluating the metallogenic setting both at surface (prospecting) and at depth (drillcore stored on site).